Thursday, April 10, 2008

We're Expecting!

Okay, not really us. But I had you fooled for a second I'm sure! We do have some fun news to share though.

So just recently a bird started building a little nest sandwiched between the dated Christmas wreath (yes, we haven't taken it down yet) and the glass door to our apartment. I thought it was cute and kind of fun. We've been watching this nest take shape over the past couple weeks. And that in itself is a pretty amazing thing. The final product had a completely perfect circle right in the middle. And with all the slamming of our door, it hasn't even budged. It's one sold little piece of construction.

Anyway, last night I was showing my little brother how amazing and cool it was that we have a bird building a nest on our door, and he said "Did you know there are eggs in it?!" What! I can barely contain my excitement. I feel like we're having our own little babies that we get to watch grow. Now, I can't say that Chris is excited as I am, but I know Parker thinks it's pretty cool. We look at them everyday. And don't worry we'll keep you posted on their progress! Here are some pictures of our door, the nest, and the eggs. Fun, huh?


OUR DOOR


CLOSEUP ON THE WREATH


THREE CUTE LITTLE EGGS


AND THE VIEW FROM INSIDE (OR SHALL I SAY, THEIR PENTHOUSE VIEW LOOKING IN ON US)

No comments: